Jonah Kingston Ruppert was born on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 at 12:39pm. He weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds 5oz and 23" long. Yes, he really is 23" long, the nurse had to measure twice because she could not believe it!
The delivery and labor was way better than expected. Josh and I went in at 8:00 am to have my water broke and start the induction (because of his weight). I was only in labor for about 4 hours and it was really not too bad until I hit about 7-8 cm, but I had him totally naturally and was very lucky to have only needed to push for 15 minutes :) He was born healthy and the only thing sore on me was my tail bone. It popped or is out of alignment and I can hardly sit or lay flat, but it is slowly feeling a little better.
Brendan is very excited to be a big brother and has been a big help to mom, bringing diapers, water, etc. He is going to be a great big brother.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2009
(5)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (1)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (4)
-
▼
2008
(22)
- ► 12/21 - 12/28 (3)
- ► 12/14 - 12/21 (2)
- ► 11/16 - 11/23 (2)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
- ► 08/24 - 08/31 (1)
- ► 08/10 - 08/17 (3)
- ► 07/27 - 08/03 (2)
- ► 07/06 - 07/13 (2)
- ► 06/29 - 07/06 (5)
2 comments:
Wow, that is a big bundle of joy! Having had twins weighing in at 11 lbs together I can feel your pain! Glad the delivery was better than you expected!
that's awesome...I'm glad that he will not have a little brother to look up to him. Glad to know you are doing well and keep ya in our prayers.
Post a Comment